The second recipe demonstrated by Minoo in the South Arm Community Kitchen is an Indian recipe. It is Spinach and Chickpea Fritters. These vegetarian fritters can be served as an appetizer or snack.
Minoo served the Spinach and Chickpea Fritters with a store bought mango chutney. The fritters are fried to very crispy and they are great snacks with vegetables in it.
- 1 cup chickpea flour (available at Middle Eastern, Indian or health food stores) or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- vegetable oil for frying
- mango chutney, for serving
Source: adapted from food network
Prep time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes; Serve 6 to 8