The second recipe demonstrated by Minoo in the South Arm Community Kitchen is an Indian recipe. It is Spinach and Chickpea Fritters. These vegetarian fritters can be served as an appetizer or snack.
Minoo served the Spinach and Chickpea Fritters with a store bought mango chutney. The fritters are fried to very crispy and they are great snacks with vegetables in it.
- 1 cup chickpea flour (available at Middle Eastern, Indian or health food stores) or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- vegetable oil for frying
- mango chutney, for serving
Source: adapted from food network
Prep time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes; Serve 6 to 8
This Post Has 0 Comments
mmm these look super tasty!!
To el_lobo_solo on Bo Laksa King’s Delivery:
Thanks for telling me about the park near Bo’s. I will check it out!!
chick pea flour is also found at superstore (indian section)
looks great! i’m going to try these this week
I saw chick pea flour at Superstore too, but now I know what make with it. I love chick peas, I will definitely give this recipe a try. Please thank Minoo for sharing her great creations, she is a talented cook!
Ben and Suanne, I tagged you on my blog, come play along if you want to!
These were delicious! I left the chili out of half the batch for my kids and my toddler DEVOURED them. Thanks for the recipe!