The second dish of the kale feast is Cannellini Bean Soup with Kale and Garlic-Olive Oil Crostini.
This hearty soup is a complete meal. It has protein from the bean, carbohydrate from the crostini and vegetables.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the crostini
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced, plus 1 or 2 more whole cloves for the crostini
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 x 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 x 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 quarts chicken stock, water or a combination
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch kale, chopped
- 1 baguette
Source: this recipe is adapted from Food Network, Dave Lieberman
Prep time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes; Serve 6 to 8 people