The main course for the Indo-Canadian inspired recipes cooked up in the South Arm Cooking Club for seniors is a curry chicken dish.
This Apple Raisin Curry Chicken is an easy and comforting curry dish. It is a wonderful way to prepare using leftover cooked chicken breasts.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 large apples, cored and diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup raisins or currants
P/S: missing ingredient in the above photo: chicken breast (already in oven)
Source: this recipe is adapted from Alex Nixon
Prep time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 20 minutes; Serves 4