For dessert, the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors made some Chai Spiced Almond Cookies to complete the Indo-Canadian inspired meal.
These Chai Spiced Almond Cookies are similar to Mexican Wedding Cookies. They are good with tea.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar for rolling
Source: this recipe is adapted from Bon Appetit
Prep time: 20 minutes; Bake time: 20 to 25 minutes; Yields 20 cookies