For dessert, Minoo shared a Pear, Dates and Almond Butter Muffin recipe in the South Arm Community Kitchen. Pears are high in fiber and contain a good amount of vitamin C as well.
These Pear, Dates and Almond Butter Muffins make a tasty and nutritious breakfast to go. They are moist and not doughy.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 ripe Bosc pears, peel, core and cut pears into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup natural almond butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Source: this recipe is adapted from Alive Magazine
Prep time: 30 mins; Cook time: 35 mins; Yields 12