The main dish inspired by the Woman’s Health Magazine was a Whole Wheat Pasta Salad with Red Pepper and Artichoke Hearts. I learned that artichoke’s nutritional value include strengthening of the liver function and gall bladder function, aiding digestion and lowering cholesterol. Artichoke also contains anti-cancer agents.
This pasta salad recipe is a good way to use whole wheat pasta. This salad is high in fiber and good for your liver.
- 2 cups whole wheat fusili
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 3 celery sticks, finely diced
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 jar artichokes hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Prep time: 15 minutes; Serves 4