Ratatouille is a traditional French Provencal stewed vegetable dish. Ratatouille is usually served as a side dish. The key ingredient in Ratatlouille is tomatoes accompanying by garlic, onions, zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, carrot and a mix of green herbs like herbes de Provence which is typically a combination of savory, fennel, basil, and thyme.
Jorge served this Chicken Ratatouille with Jalapeno Chili Corn Bread which I will blog next.
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 zucchini, cut into cubes
- 1 eggplant, cut into cubes
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, halved, seeded, and thickly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, quartered and seeded
- 12 chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 10 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Source: Jorge Viduenez
Prep time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 1 hour and 10 minutes; Serves 12