Jorge decided to do a BBQ for the last kitchen in the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors before the break in summer.
For the BBQ, we had fish, chicken and a variety of vegetables. For the fish, Jorge selected Trout. We had two different types of marinates, one recipe from Jorge and the other Asian flavour recipe from Linda.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 trout fillets
- juice of 1 lemon
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sherry or dry white wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Maggie Seasoning (optional)
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 pounds fish fillet (or chicken or pork or large scallop)
Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes; Serves 8