Chocolate Orbs are energy treats in the form of balls instead of bars. These Chocolate Orbs have lots of protein and fat that children need for growth. They are filled with fiber and antioxidants from the cocoa powder. Tahini or sesame seed paste adds calcium for bone growth. These homemade orbs are lower in sugar than the store bought energy bar. They are made with natural ingredients that you know.
The Chocolate Orbs can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. They never lasted that long in my household. Arkensen simply loves this as snacks.
- 3/4 cup (180ml) nut butter like almond, cashew, peanut, etc
- 1/4 cup (60ml) tahini
- 1/2 cup (125ml) maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup oat bran or quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ or ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
Source: this recipe is adapted from Alive Magazine
Yields 35 x 4 cm diameter balls