Minoo also incorporated a salad recipe using grain for the Gilmore Park Church Community Kitchen to complete the meal.
This Lemon Scented Quinoa Salad is nutty and packed with a lot of nutrition. For me, this salad itself can be a lunch which is quite filling.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly (about 5 times)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
Tahini Lemon Dressing
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon or vinegar of your choice
- 4 tablespoons Greek style yogurt (make your own by draining organic plain yogurt overnight in a cheese cloth)
- hot water
- salt and pepper to taste
Source: this recipe is adapted from Kevin Turner