Marian served a Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing as a side dish at the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors.
This Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing goes well with the Marinated Baked Pork Chops.
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons diced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup and 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- mix salad vegetables torn into bite-sized pieces (we used baby spinach)
- 2 1/2 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons dried cranberries
- 5 to 8 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 5 to 8 pears – peeled, cored and diced
Source: this recipe is adpated from allrecipe.com