The South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors decided to have a Chinese theme when they met during the Chinese New Year celebration in early February. Marian came up with four recipes which are all her home recipes.
The first recipe is a Chinese Spinach Egg Drop Soup. I would say that this is a east meet west recipe as the preparation involves blending the spinach in the soup. The soup has a very artistic presentation.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sherry (optional)
- 2 cups spinach, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch for thickening