The South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors met up again at the South Arm Community Centre for the last time as the community kitchen will be moved to another location for 2 months while South Arm kitchen under goes renovation. We cant wait to see what’s install.
The first dish is a simple Apple Celery Salad. This salad is cinnamony and crunchy. A good start to whip up the appetite.
Celery has low calorie and rich in dietary fibre. Hence, it’s often used in weight loss diets.
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium apples (Mcintosh)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 leaves of romaine or iceberg lettuce as serving bowl, optional