Wow … I think a lot people are excited about the Alaskan King Crab and I am sure many of you will be organizing a chowdown these two short weeks.
The problem is, for AKC, you need to have many people to devour the 8 pound crab. An 8 pounder will feed about 5-6 people, there abouts.
I think some of you expects me to organize a Alaskan King Crab dinner. So here I am again, sticking my neck out. 🙂 OK I admit, I can’t get AKC out of my mind today.
Suanne had made some inquiries and here is what we have planned. We need to make sure we have the numbers to pull this off. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT PART OF MY WILD WIN-WIN-WIN IDEA. LOL! This one you got to pay — almost through your nose because this is not your $7.95 Char Koay Teow with free milk tea kind of thing.
If you are still interested, read on …
- The restaurant is Sun Sui Wah on Main and East 23rd.
- The choice of the restaurant is because Sun Sui Wah is reputed to be the pioneer of AKC
- Another reason is because Sun Sui Wah won Gold for their 3-way AKC rendition (see this)
- The three way AKC is:
- Steam with Garlic
- Fried with Pepper and Salt
- Rice Served On Shell
- We had tentatively booked a private room for 30 people
- The current AKC price is $16.80 which is at least $130. Note that the prices will fluctuate which means that it could be higher or lower by the date of the dinner.
- We will order additional dishes to be worked out later.
- We think that the cost will be $40 – $50 per person (before tax, tips and liquor extra).
- Since we are asking for a private room, there will be a minimum charge of $400 per table which means that it will cost not less than $40.
- Date is Saturday, March 12th 2011. Yeah, it is the day after the Man Ri Sung dinner but we have no better date than this.
- Time is 6:30 PM
- This will be a private party
I need to know by Sunday if we can muster 30 people for this Alaskan King Crab dinner party. First come first serve … please send email to email@example.com with your name, your phone and the number of people in your party.