Minoo also prepared a snack item for the South Arm Community Kitchen. Minoo made a Pita Pizza with Hummus and Mint. This makes a healthy lunch box item or after school snacks.
Minoo used whole wheat pita bread as the base for the pizza. Instead of using tomato sauce for flavouring, Minno used hummus which is high in protein. Minoo used a store-bought prepared hummus for this recipe for simplicity. You can make your own hummus with this Creamy Hummus recipe.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup plain hummus
- 4 greek-syle whole wheat pitas
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot-red chili flakes
- 1 yellow or red pepper, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh mint
- cumin and black pepper to taste
Source: unknown via Minoo
Serves 4 to 8