Lorna shared with me a homemade Asian marinates which a friend of hers shared with her. When this friend of hers brought some baked chicken wings for a potluck party, they were so good that everyone asked for the recipe.
This homemade Asian marinates is good for chicken or pork. I had tried it on both chicken and pork and it is really good.
- 1 bottle (591ml) Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 bottle of Mirin (about the same size as the soy sauce)
- 6 cloves of garlic, peel and lightly smashed
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 piece of 2-inch rock sugar