Minoo prepared three recipes for the Gilmore Park Church community kitchen. Two of the recipes were taken from Vancouver Sun.
The recipes include a Lentil, Barley and Brown Rice Salad with Dates and Feta, a Butternut Squash Gratin with Parmesan Sage Breadcrumbs and a Ginger Pumpkin Muffin recipe.
The combination of grains and legumes in the Lentil, Barley and Brown Rice Salad with Dates and Feta provides a complete protein meal. It is easy to pack for lunch or picnic.
- 1/3 cup (80ml) brown rice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pearl or pot barley
- 1/3 cup (80ml) dry green or brown lentils
- 1/2 cup (125ml) crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chopped dates, figs or apricots
- 1 to 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Source: Vancouver Sun
Makes 6 servings