For the main course, Minoo prepared a Chickpea Curry for the spice theme. This is also known as Chana Masala in the Indian culinary term.
This vegetarian curry is loaded with spices like garam masala, cumin and coriander. Minoo served this Chickpea Curry with brown rice.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 inches piece of fresh ginger
- 2 tomatoes, chopped coursely
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 20 oz canned chickpeas
- green chilies, finely chopped (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- fresh cilantro for garnishing
Source: via Minoo
Yield 5 servings.