Michelle has a mission to use up some cream cheese in stock. She prepared this Cream Cheese and Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip as dessert for the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors.
This Cream Cheese and Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip is Michelle’s family favourite. Her kids will eat the double amount of fruit whenever this dip is served. The dip tastes like caramel and it’s very creamy.
Greek yogurt or strained yogurt is much higher in protein than regular yogurt. It adds nutrition to recipes that usually call for cream, sour cream or plain yogurt. If you usually use sour cream, try mixing together half sour cream and half low fat Greek yogurt for more protein and calcium.
Based on PC choice brand product; plain yogurt has 8 grams of protein per 175g serving while Greek yogurt can have 18 grams of protein per 175g serving.
More protein keeps you feeling fuller longer.
- 1 package cream cheese (light or regular), softened
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (low fat or regular)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- assorted cut fruit
Source: via Michelle
Serve: 10 to 12
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese until smooth. Add Greek yogurt, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Wash and cut fruit to serve alongside dip.