Michelle prepared a very simple Creamy Corn Soup for the Chinese New Year celebration at the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors.
The Creamy Corn Soup can be made with ham, cooked chicken, cooked crabmeat, salmon or shrimp.
- 2 cans 14oz cans creamed corn (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked meat
Source: from “Quick and Easy Chinese” by Nancie McDermott