Minoo prepared a Curried Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk for the comfort food theme. The colour of the meals at today’s kitchen is simply a shade of yellowish orange, just like fall colour.
The Curried Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk is gingery and sweet. It can also served as a dessert soup if we leave out the salt.
- 7 to 8 cups diced butternut squash (1 large 3 lbs squash)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1 tablespoon curry powder or curry paste
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- 1 x 14oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Source: adapted from Vegetarian classics