For dessert, Minoo prepared a Stewed Apples for the South Arm Community Kitchen.
The Stewed Apple if topped with vanilla ice-cream will make an exquisite dessert.
- 3 cups cubed apples
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup water or apple juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
Source: via Minoo
- Wash, peel and core apples. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place water or apple juice and apples into a medium pot.
- Add honey and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add flour to milk and stir into a slurry. Add Slurry to apples.
- Cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly (about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.. Spoon into serving dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon/or nutmeg.
- Serve warm.