Upon requests by some participants, Minoo prepared a menu of dips in the South Arm Community Kitchen. The recipes are just in time for the Easter celebration.
We had a scrumptious pre-Easter meal of 2 types of dips, 2 types of homemade chips, a tuna salad and an apple cake.
The first dip recipe is a Crab and Avocado Dip. This is great for entertaining and potluck. Minoo served this dip with some homemade baked tortilla chips and pita chips.
- 4 whole firm but ripe avocados (peeled, pitted and roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ounces artificial crabmeat (use fresh one if possible)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 whole jalapeno chili (finely chopped)
Source: via Minoo
Tips: keep avocado in paper bag to speed up ripening