Colleen prepared a seafood dish for the South Arm Seniors Kitchen. It was brought up in the previous kitchen that we seldom cook seafood in the kitchen. One of the main reason is the cost. So, for this kitchen, Colleen picked a recipe which uses can salmon which is low in cost.
This is a great recipe to use leftover food like mashed potatoes and salmon.
- 1 can (about 106g) salmon (sockeye preferred)
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (Panko preferred)
- salt and pepper to taste
Source: via Colleen
Makes 4 servings
- Mix all the ingredients except the breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Form into 6 to 8 cakes.
- Coat with breadcrumbs.
- Coat frying pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. Fry until nicely browned on the outside and heated through, approximately 5 minutes on each side.