D’nis demonstrated a few recipes in the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen.
The first recipe is a Homemade Mayonnaise. You can make green mayonnaise by adding green herbs, or red by adding a piece of red pepper or a chili.
- one whole egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- juice of 1 lime or lemon, or 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup canola oil (or olive oil, or half and half olive and canola oils)
- when thick, you made a delicious mayonnaise!
Yield: 1 cup
- In a blender, add 1 egg.
- Add water, vinegar, mustard and garlic if using.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want to color your mayonnaise, you can add a touch of chili pepper
- Start blending on high, when all ingredients are mixed, add in a constant thin stream 1 cup of canola oil (or olive oil, or half and half olive oil and canola oil).
This Post Has One Comment
I could do this! I’ve always wanted to try homemade mayo but never have. The pictures make it look easy.
Lots of great cooking demos lately – thanks!