I’m glad to be back at the Gilmore Park Church Community Kitchen since the schedule change. This kitchen clashes with the South Arm Seniors Kitchen. I can only make myself available to one. With the South Arm Seniors Kitchen done for the season, I can now attend this kitchen and meet the participants here that I have not seen for a while.
Minoo prepared three recipes for this kitchen; i.e. an Orzo Salad, Crab Puff and a Creamy Rhubarb Dessert. Rhubarb is in season in June.
The first recipe is the Orzo Salad. Orzo is a pasta which resembles rice grain. The Orzo Salad is refreshing and filing. Great for a light lunch.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh int leaves
- about 3/4 cup red wine vinaigrette
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Source: via Minoo