Michelle served the Polenta Fries with a Simple Homemade Tomato Sauce.
Leftover tomato sauce can be freeze up to 6 months. Allow it to cool completely and pour into 1 to 2 cups portions into freezer plastic bags or glass containers for freezing.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 dried bay leaf or basil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, optional
Source: this recipe is adapted from foodnetwork.com