Spring is just a week away and we were facing a few days of gloomy and wet weather. So, Michelle hoped to bring some sun shine to the South Arm Older Adults Kitchen with a Mexican theme kitchen.
The first recipe was Cabbage Avocado Slaw. It’s the season for cabbages and it’s the best time to have some crunchy salad with a touch of creamy avocado.
- 6 cups finely shredded purple and green cabbage
- 1 red, orange or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds, optional (or other seeds like pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, etc)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Source: Health Starts Here Recipe, Whole Foods
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir until avocado is creamy throughout.
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Honey Ginger Lemonade |