Michelle shared a French Cauliflower Soup recipe in the South Arm Older Adults cooking Club.
The French Cauliflower Soup was creamy and “thickish”. Garnish with chopped chives and small slices of brie.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 bay leaves (we omitted this as we did not have any in the pantry)
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 4 to 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- 3/4 cup whipping cream (or sour cream)
- chopped chives for garnishing
- small slices of brie for garnishing (optional)
Source: this recipe is adapted from The French Market cookbook