We made 2 types of sandwiches at the South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club.
The first sandwich comes from the Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia. A fabled Victoria landmark, the Fairmont Empress has played host to royalty, celebrities, and guests from around the world since 1908.
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sweet ginger paste (we used Japanese picked ginger)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices multi-grain bread (we used wholewheat)
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- alfalfa sprouts or lettuce (we omitted the this)
Source: this recipe is adapted from Fairmont Empress Hotel
Makes 2 sandwiches
The second sandwich we made is the Smoky Salmon Sandwich. This is a popular sandwich sold in the senior fund raiser for the food bank and it is always sold out early .
You can find the Smoky Salmon Sandwiches here.