Michelle shared a homemade Ranch Salad Dressing recipe in the South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club.
This homemade Ranch Salad Dressing keeps for 4 weeks, covered and refrigerated.
The lettuce is also harvested from the senior garden.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 300ml buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Whisk the mayonnaise and buttermilk together until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Covered and refrigerated until use.
How to wash salad greens:
- Remove outer layers of lettuce head.
- Cut or tear lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Place into a large bowl of water and swirl to remove dirt and debris.
- Lift lettuce out of the bowl with hands to another bowl.
- Repeat until water runs clear.
- Dry with salad spinner or between paper towels (press gently).