June is strawberry season. Michelle shared a dessert made with strawberry just in time for the season.
This Strawberries with Orange Ricotta Cream is a breeze to make and is a great way to serve up summer berries.
- 1 cup of strawberries provides 150% of your Vitamin C.
- 1 cup contains 3 grams of fiber
- contains potassium and folate important for bone density
- may protect against cancers
REMEMBER: always wash your berries well.
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
Source: from Cooking Light
Makes 4+ servings