For the main dish, Michelle shared a Pasta with Broccoli recipe in line with the idea of adding more vegetables in our diet.
Michelle encouraged the use of whole grain pasta which has higher fiber contents.
- 8 oz (1/2 pound) chunky, whole grain pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Extra salt for cooking pasta. Salted water gives the pasta more flavour. Adding a bit of the pasta cooking water to your pasta sauce helps to thicken the sauce and makes it sticks to your pasta better.
You may experiment with these variations:
- add one cup cooked edamame or other beans
- add 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- top with toasted walnuts or pine nuts
- add a couple chopped tomatoes at the end
Source: Moosewood for Health