The South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club made a Pear Cake Bars for dessert. This is in line with adding more fruit in our diet idea.
Michelle served the Pear Cake Bars with a scoop of frozen yogurt.
You can freeze small portions of this treat wrapped well in plastic wrap and foil.
- 2 cups berries or chopped fruit (rhubarb, apples, peaches, pear, etc)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon or orange zest
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- icing sugar, if desired
P/S: the pears are from Michelle’s backyard pear tree
Source: adapted from Guilt-free Sweet Treats