Michelle prepared an Indian inspired meal for the South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club upon the request of Jeff who comes from UK.
For appetizer, Michelle shared a baked garden greens pakoras for a healthier version. Serve the garden greens pakora with chutney (next post), yogurt or sour cream.
- 1 cup chickpea or besan flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- pinch of cayenne pepper (1/16 to 1/8 teaspoon)
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice + 2 tablespoons water, optional
- mild-flavoured cooking oil for greasing baking pan or frying
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 russet potato, peeled and grated (or finely chopped)
- 1 cup mixed, finely chopped greens (kale, chard, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.)