Michelle shared a Raita recipe from My Father’s Daughter by Gwyneth Palthrow as a side dish in the Indian inspired meal at the South Arm Older Adults Kitchen.
Raita can be eaten like a salad if you use less yogurt, as a dip or as a way to tame the spice in curries.
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, finely diced or grated
- 4 tablespoons peeled and finely chopped red onion, optional
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced fresh mint or cilantro
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cumin, optional
Yogurt has calcium and protein and is great for your digestive system.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir.