With Valentine’s day around the corner, Michelle shared a Chocolate Yogurt Snack Cake for dessert at the South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club.
These mini Chocolate Yogurt Snack Cakes is perfect for snacking. These cakes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for four days.
Michelle also made some Meringues as a Valentine’s gift to the participants. She calls it “Forgotten” Cookies because you can make these cookies the night before you want them and they turn our perfect when left in a cooling oven overnight!
- 1 cup buttersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (not non-fat)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Source: this recipe is adapted from David Lebovitz’s The Sweet Life in Paris by way of Smitten Kitchen.
Makes 12 cupcake-sized snack cakes or 24 mini cupcakes.