The South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club made a Classic Greek Salad to complement the Spinach Pie with Greek flavorings.
This classic summer salad with olive oil and redwine vinaigratte captures the sunny flavours and colors of the Mediterranean.
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- handful of Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 handfuls kalamata olives, pitted (we omitted this)
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
Source: In the Kitchen with Stefano Faita
- Add tomatoes, onion, cucumber, green pepper and parsley to a large bowl.
- Drizzle salad with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Garnish with black olives and feta.