For the heart smart theme meal, Michelle shared Strawberries with Minted Yogurt as dessert. This tangy, mint-infused yogurt makes a refreshing topping for fresh summer strawberries.
Strawberries boast fiber, have more Vitamin C than any other berry. 1 cup of fresh whole strawberries has a respectable 35 micrograms of folate, the powerful Vitamin B that creates normal red blood cells and is crucial for prenatal development. The anthocyanidins found in these ruby mouthfuls also help protect against heart disease.
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped mint
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- Whisk together yogurt, buttermilk, sugar, mint and vanilla until smooth. Spoon over strawberries.