The main course for the vegetarian meal made in the South Arm Community Kitchen for Older Adults Cooking Club is a Lentil Chili.
You can double this recipe and freeze the extra portion.
- 4 cups water
- 1 x 14oz can no salt added dice tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups dried brown lentils, rinsed & soaked
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
Source: Healthy Family Meals, American Heart Association
This Post Has 0 Comments
Thanks for the recipe. Just one question – what is the size of the canned tomatoes? Is it a big can? Thanks!
Hi Jeanie, thanks for asking; just realized that I missed out the tomatoes in the ingredients section. I had updated the changes to the recipe.
Thanks! I am trying to collect more lentil recipes…
Hi Jeanie, there are quite a number of lentil recipes in chowtimes.com. Just type in lentil on the search box and you’ll find them.