Michelle prepared a salad to go with the Pasta with No Cook Sauce for the South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club.
We left out the radicchio from the recipe because it’s not in season.
- You can store the salad mix and dressing separately and mix a smaller portion just before serving. It should last several days in a plastic bag in the fridge.
- If you are making your own salad mixes in ziploc bags, or cutting up lettuce ahead of time, place a paper towel in the ziploc bag. It reduces moisture and you can keep the greens from wilting for several days if stored this way.
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded radicchio or thinly shredded cabbage
- 1 small sweet onion (red or white), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon drained, rinsed capers
- 1/4 teaspoons each; salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons sugar
Source: this recipe is adapted from Canadian Living: Eat Right
Makes 8 side salads