The theme for this South Arm Older Adults Community Kitchen is keeping healthy and eating well in fall. We shared on tips like lots of hand washing and healthy eating.
This sweet and velvety soup is a winter elixir. Garlic is an immunity-boosting champ and may help ward off colds. You can make a big batch and freeze it. Whenever you feel your throat start to tickle, you can have a bowl of it.
–> garlic has antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic and antiviral properties.
- 2 heads garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Optional flavourings: fresh thyme, bay leaf or fresh chives, minced
Source: from Wholeliving.com