The main dish for this South Arm Older Adults Community Kitchen is Baked Penne with Cauliflower and Cheese.
The cream sauce for this baked penne recipe is made with cauliflower. It’s a great way to incorporate vegetables in dishes for picky eaters.
- 4 cups 1.5 inch cauliflower florets (about 1 pound from 1/2 head)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Fine sea salt or table salt
- 12 oz. dried penne
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 oz. coarsely grated sharp white Cheddar (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.5 oz. finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1.5 cups using a grater)
Source: from Fine Cooking Online