The South Arm Women Community Kitchen serves a hearty salad with the hearty lentil and black bean soup.
This Broccoli Apple Salad comes together with delicious flavours and textures. I like the creamy dressing made with Greek yogurt.
Michelle shared the above conversion tables from Marthastewart.com & Gutomna.com as she finds it very useful.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 2 medium heads)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 large apples, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Creamy dressing ingredients
- 1/2 cup lite mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Source: adapted from therecipecritic.com
Serves 4 to 6