I made this Moroccan Chickpea Stew for dinner. I tried to introduce different cuisine at home.
You can have this Moroccan Chickpea Stew with steamed rice or couscous.
We had it with some grilled lamb and couscous. Well, my boys love the lamb but not so much of the stew especially Nanzaro, He does not like tomatoes at all. Arkensen is more open minded to try new food.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cubed peeled potato (about 1 large)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can vegetable broth
Source: this recipe is adapted from myrecipes.com.