Another Mexican recipe from the South Arm Women Community Kitchen. For this kitchen, Michelle shared a Quinoa Enchilada Casserole.
We served the Quinoa Enchilada Casserole with sides of chopped tomatoes, avocado, romaine lettuce and cilantro.
This is a healthy enchilada baked that you can enjoy quilt-free. It is made with chockfull of quinoa, black beans and cheesy goodness which are high in protein. Leftovers taste even better.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild enchilada sauce (red or green)
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- head of lettuce, chopped
|In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8×8 or 2 quart baking dish or coat with non-stick spray.|
|In a large bowl, combine enchilada sauce, green chilies, corn, black beans, cilantro. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup mozarella cheese.|
|Stir in the cooked quinoa.|
|Season with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.|
|Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses.
|Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheeses have melted, about 15 minutes.|