Polly, Whitney and I had the opportunity to meet up on a week day afternoon as they were both off work.
When coming to going to downtown, I usually meet up with Polly at the Bridgeport Skystation. On this day, Polly was almost an hour late as she could not find a parking at the River Rock parking. She drove around the parking lot for almost an hour before she can find a spot. Can you imagine that?
We met up with Whitney for high tea at The Urban Tea Merchant. Whitney had not had a high tea for years.
Teapots decor. How appropriate.
We had two Traditional Tea Set and a Brunch Tea Set.
We picked our own tea. Mine was Choco Mint Truffle. I can taste the mint and chocolate aroma in it.
My tea is best served with milk.
Whitney’s choice of tea was Ceylon OP Theine-free and her tea is best served with sugar.
Polly had the Sencha Meicha which is a Japanese green tea. She likes her tea plain.
The teapot is insulated to keep the tea warm. There is one free refill for the tea.
The bottom tier of the Brunch Tea Set; anti-clockwise from top;
- Poached Egg Florentine with Hollandaise sauce
- Scrambled Eggs with Northern Divine Caviar, Creme Fraiche and chives
- Imperial Lapsang Souchong Chicken Cup
- Smoked Salmon Rosette with Wasabi Creme & Ponzu Gel
- Tomato & Piave Vecchio Cheese Tea Sandwich with Watercress Aioli
The second tier of both set is similar.
- freshly baked scone and mandaline served with creme & tea-infused jelly
The dessert tier of the Brunch Tea Set from top clock wise include:
- Tea-infused Panna Cotta
- fresh fruit
- TWG Tea Macaron
- Tuxedo Strawberry
The savories of the Traditional Tea Set include:
- Smoked Salmon Rosette Tea Sandwich with wasabi aioli
- Cucumber, Aged Cheddar Tea Sandwich
- Earl Grey Gentleman Tea Sandwich with fig jam
- Tomato & Piave Vecchio Cheese Tea Sandwith with watercress aioli
- Imperial Lapsang Souchong Chicken Cup (center)
Sweets from the Traditional Tea Set from top clockwise:
- Matcha Nara Mousse, Eternal Summer Tea Panna Cotta
- fresh fruit
- New York Breakfast Tea Chocolate Tart
- TWG Tea Macaroon
- Tuxedo Strawberry (center)
Credit card is accepted. We asked for individual billing.
Service is great here.
Polly and Whitney, hope we can meet up more often.