I had the opportunity to return to the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen led by Minoo on their last meeting in December. The opportunity came when I introduced a new friend to the community kitchen.
Minoo prepared three recipes for this kitchen. The first recipe is a Carrot Salad.
- 4 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and shredded
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered or slice almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- finely chopped Italian parsley, optional
- 1 or 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped, optional