The main dish made in the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen was a one pot dish.
This Chicken Rice Casserole serves 8 to 10 people.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium or 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, grated on the large grater
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 teaspoons of salt, or lesser to your taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine such as Chardonnay
- 5 cups hot reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups medium grain rice such as Basmati or Brown rice
- 1 head garlic
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped, plus more to sprinkle before serving
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to sprinkle before serving, optional