The South Arm Community Kitchen met again on a Wednesday. We made three recipes as usual.
The first recipe is Green Peas Soup. A dollop of sour cream adds creaminess to the soup.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or more to coat the bottom of pan
- 1 medium leek, whites and light green parts only, halved and sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups (16 oz) frozen peas
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth (we used 4 teaspoons of organic chicken powder to make the chicken broth)
- a couple sprigs of fresh thyme, tied in a bundle (or 1 tablespoon of dried thyme)
- 1/3 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen
Continue Reading Green Peas Soup